David G. Rising, EdD
Learn More About David G. Rising
Dr. David Rising is a licensed psychologist in Pennsylvania who has been working with patients in the Williamsport area since 1992. He joined Family Practice Center in 2010 and currently sees patients ages 13 and older at FPC’s River Avenue, Williamsport location.
Education & Training:
- EdD – Counseling, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- MA – Counseling Psychology / Pastoral Counseling, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL
- BA – Psychology, Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester, NY
Licensed MA Level Psychologist in the State of Pennsylvania
- American Counseling Association
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- International Society for the Study of Interpersonal Acceptance and Rejection
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association
Dr. Rising counsels from a whole-person healthcare perspective. This means that he sees problems as multidimensional-psychological, relational and spiritual. (He also works collaboratively with physicians if medication is needed or if a physical issue is affecting the counseling problem.) Dr. Rising operates from a Christian worldview and respects each person’s right to operate from their own worldview perspective. Although his therapeutic approach is eclectic, the therapeutic system that he draws most heavily from is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.